In 2012, we as AB InBev globally committed to making a difference across 8 key sustainability issues for our business. We did it. In 2017, we achieved the last of our eight environmental goals we set for ourselves 6 years ago.
1. Reduce water risks and improve water management in 100% of our key barley-growing regions, in partnership with local stakeholders
2. Engage in watershed protection measures at 100% of our facilities located in key areas in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Mexico, Peru and the United States, in partnership with local stakeholders
3. Reduce global water usage to a leading-edge 3.2 hectoliters of water per hectoliter of production
4. Reduce global greenhouse gas emissions per hectoliter of production by 10%, including a 15% reduction per hectoliter in China
5. Reduce global energy usage per hectoliter of production by 10%
6. Reduce packaging materials by 100,000 tons
7. Reach a 70% global average of eco-friendly cooler purchases annually
8. Reduce greenhouse gas emissions in logistics operations by 15% per hectoliter sold from our 2013 baseline
But our work is ongoing. We will announce a new set of goals in 2018, focusing on broader sustainability issues that are most critical to our business and to the communities where we live and work. Stay tuned!